Baytril® Otic (enrofloxacin/silver sulfadiazine) Antbacterial-Antimycotic Emulsion
Baytril® Otic is a topical emulsion for the treatment of canine otitis externa due to bacterial (including Pseudomonas) and fungal organisms susceptible to enrofloxacin and/or silver sulfadiazine.
- The only otic preparation that combines two active ingredients with proven anti-Pseudomonal activity1
- Silver sulfadiazine (SSD) attacks from the outside, weakening the cell wall and membrane
- Enrofloxacin works from the inside, interfering with DNA replication
- Steroid Free - Allows for customization of your attack on Pseudomonas otitis externa based on individual patient needs
- Non-irritating, water-based emulsion
- Easy-to-administer, non-viscous formulation designed to reach deep into the ear
- Canine otitis externa
CAUTION: Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
PRECAUTIONS: The safe use of Baytril® Otic in dogs with perforated tympanic membranes has not been evaluated. Therefore, the integrity of the tympanic membrane should be evaluated before administering this product. If hearing or vestibular dysfunction is noted during the course of treatment, discontinue use of Baytril® Otic.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Baytril® Otic is contraindicated in dogs with suspected or known hypersensitivity to quinolones and/or sulfonamides.